Friday, March 2, 2018

The Mandela effect (Or who changed my Kit-Kat bars?)

The Mandela effect (Or who changed my Kit-Kat bars?) 


It was 2016, and just another day, like any other day, or at least that's what I thought when I woke up. I needed to go shopping that day, just for a few items. I decided to walk, since it was a warm summer day, and I was in need of the exercise, and the open space, and sun on my skin.
Nothing unusual happened during my walk, and as I approached the store, I was unaware that I was about to enter the Twilight Zone rather than Dollar General. 

The first Item I noticed that had changed was a bottle of Febreze (Febreeze in my reality). I thought to myself, "looks like the company changed the spelling" and continued shopping. The next Item I noticed that had changed was my favorite candy bar, Kit Kat (Kit-Kat in my reality) This one really bothered me. I am a huge fan of this product, and remembered seeing them labeled Kit-Kat a few days before. I knew that the store would not throw away all the old stock of Kit-Kat bars, and replace them with the new Kit Kat, what was going on here?

As I shopped around the store, there were more items that had changed. And as I walked back, I was stuck thinking about the Kit-Kat / Kit Kat change. Nothing unusual happened on the walk back. When I got back to my apartment, I mentioned to my roommate that several products at the store, now had new spellings of the logo's, his response was "I noticed that too, Febreeze is now Febreze" "Must be the company updating the spelling?" That  was the first thought I had, but I planned to look into it online.

I sat down at my Computer, and noticed that Google Earth had updated. I have had Google Earth on all my devices since it first came out, and used it almost every day. I opened up Google Earth and after the Earth stopped spinning, I felt uneasy, it didn't look right. The first thing I noticed was that it appeared that South America was now 1000 miles east of the location I remembered. I also never remembered being able to spin the Earth around in Google Earth, until there was nothing but ocean, and no land at all, yet I was setting there looking at that exact thing on the screen, in G.E.

I remember thinking "OK, someone is going to get into real trouble, this update has tons of errors, and must be a prank, or a hack maybe?" I was starting to form the notion that all these changes I was noticing, were not normal, or updates, or Logo changes. I started searching online to see if anyone else was noticing changes like I was. My investigation online almost immediately brought me to the "Mandela Effect". This effect got its name from the famous Nelson Mandela, some people remember that  he died in prison from a heart attack, which is what I remember, but history says that he lived, and eventually became the President of South Africa, and died in 2013. Nelson Mandela was famous as a Martyr in my memory, and died in prison for his cause, and that is burned into my memory.

I have had a near entire lifetime of Strange, Paranormal, and generally unexplained experiences, and after discovering The Mandela Effect, I started to think back and remember times in my past when I had encountered similar experiences. The earliest memory I have of a Mandela type experience was Biblical, but I need to Digress for a moment, in order to cover some background to this, and establish some context.

I was born in 1968, and lived in a very poor family, we lived in a hollow in WV. I had nothing but time on my hands, and the King James Bible was something I had read so many times, Im not really sure how many times I actually have read the book, at least 30, at the least. I had also picked certain sections of the Bible to study, and spent years studying it. My Father went to church, and was a Bible scholar himself, although not from a formal education, he was self taught in almost everything, and was a Genius in his own right. Beleive it not, but there were many years, that my Father and I would sit in front of the wood stove, drinking coffee, and smoking cigarettes, and having 4 to 6 hours, and sometimes 8 hour discussions about the Bible, and Life.

One night my Father and I were having a discussion about the Bible, in front of the wood and coal burning stove. I brought up that I had read in Revelations that in the last days the true Gospel of Jesus Christ would be known, and then the second coming of Christ would happen. It was listed in Revelations as one of the signs of the End Times, and the return of Christ.
I was stunned when my Father said "He did not remember that in Bible" I stood fast on my memory, and continued to tell him it was in there, and I had read it. Finally my Father decided to get his Bible, and see if he could find what I was talking about in it. He couldn't find it. I had got my Bible from my room by now, and had been diligently searching it for the passage I remembered reading. My Father and I both spent hours searching for it, but we could not find it at all.

It bothered me greatly, that neither of us could find the verses I know I read. I also remember my Father mentioning a Bible Verse that said "In the end days, you will not recognize the seasons, except for the leaves on the trees" I clearly remember my Father and I both reading that verse in the Bible, and then discussing it at length. It would almost always come up in our discussions of the Bible, and the End Days. It turns out that since I have discovered the Mandela Effect, I have also found out that this verse, is now gone from the Bible as well. Two Biblical passages I know of, are now gone from history, and from all physical copies of the Bible. Unless there is yet another effect Im not aware of, I clearly remember the Bible saying to store up the words of the Lord, and the scriptures in your heart, for there is a day coming when the word of GOD will not be found, and unless you have it in your heart, it will not be found. I cant help but think I remember these lost passages, because I stored the word in my heart and mind. Truth is, I read the Bible so much, that I rarely need to look at it, its burned into my soul. I really have researched and studied the Bible, more than anything else in my life.

There have been so many changes I have found between my memory, and the official record of history that its really unbelievable to me. The amount of changes are so numerous in my case, that I am forced to come to grips with the fact that... Somehow and in someway, someone, or something, has actually changed the past, or merged realities together. I find it no small coincidence either that mainstream entertainment is focusing on themes that involve... here it comes.... "The multiverse, and alternate realities" As well as the first ever Quantum computers! These new computers use resources from "Alternate Realities, or Alternate Dimensions" -Gordie Rose Founder of D-Wave, the company who built the first Quantum computer.

At the time Im writing this, a quick search on You-tube, or the net, will yield a ton of info and resources concerning "The Mandela Effect" If you are interested in this subject, I would suggest you search the net, and youtube for information.     

2 comments:

  1. Leave me a comment, let me hear what you think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that I'm from and still live in WV.

    ReplyDelete